Sunday, December 21, 2008

Meet the Makers, er, Coaches


In order to complete the CDA IM I am going to need some help, and that's an understatement...I am going to need an army of professionals! I have quite a motley crew of bad arse coaches to help me prepare for the next 6 months of training and completetion of the Ironman!

Meet my coaches!...

Coach Stephen Taylor is the one who got me involved in the wild world of triathlons...I had done some triathlons the year prior to working with ST, but since joining his classes and working with some amazing athletes I have decided to take on some higher, loftier goals! ST has helped push me to a higher level in my training and has really given me confidence to take on the IM. www.sttrainer.com

Ashley Whitney is my swim coach, and not just any swim coach, an Olympic Gold medalist, and not in rhythmic gymnastics, but swimming! So, I get to learn from the best! Ashley is already kicking my butt in her Excel Triathlon swim class and makes us do crazy ass stuff like swim with our tennis shoes on...it's just plain mean! ;) www.exceltriathletes.blogspot.com

Richard Baker, aka, Triswami is going to be the man to take me to the Ironman. "Coach" as I call him will be working with me on a specific IM training plan to help me balance hours on the bike, miles on my feet and laps in the pool. He is sure to provide some comic relief on the way and hopefully keep me out of my "Zone B" during my training...aka "Zone Bitch" Triswami has been doing triathlons for over 20 years and has a wealth of knowledge that I am going to feed off of for the next 6 months. www.triswami.com

Todd Nordmeyer is a cyclist extraordinaire. In my limited knowledge of biking, he's a certified bad ass...and that's as technical as I can get. He wins races, period...and does so on an elite/professional level. Todd has an indoor bike/computrainer class (more to follow on that in another "blog entry") that really kicks your rear and helps to keep you training in the correct zones (hopefully not "zone B" as noted above). Todd is constantly telling me to keep my upper body still while riding, but it's hard to do so when he plays such funky music. www.endeavorperformance.com





No comments:

Post a Comment