Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Isolated Thunderstorms...

Om!
What a bullsh*t way to predict the weather...I think that's a cop out for the weather man to say, I have no idea what's going to happen.  Well, figure it out, would ya?  Looking at the weather and seeing sunny and 70 on Saturday and isolated t-storms on Sunday is not putting my mind at ease.  Luckily I have had enough rainy weather riding prep, but the thought of dodging storms all day is not cool...especially when I'm sitting in a pretzel pose trying to zen myself out imagining a smooth easy race day.  How can you reach nirvana when there are lightning bolts flashing in your mind?

My dad called from Spokane last night (he's over there for work this week) and took a quick drive over to Couer d'Alene to "check it all out."  He gave me a full report..."yup, it's still here, Coeur d'Alene is still here (it didn't blow away or anything)...waiting for you!...the water is right there and the starting line is right there...there will be a place for you to stash your bike while you swim and run...and the town is ready."  Uh, thanks dad...he cracks me up...so cute that he drove over there on a recon mission, even cuter that he thinks I don't know there's a "place to 'stash' my bike" while I swim and run!  Rookie! ;)  

I have been sleeping a SOLID 9 hours a night...I don't even rustle until 8am, totally abnormal for Nashville Tilghman, but it always happens when I come home...I immediately revert back to high school days of sleeping 'til noon.  What happened to my 5:00 automatic alarm clock?  I'm not complaining...good for the ol' body...plus the 2 hour nap yesterday didn't hurt either...zzzzzz.  Ironman?, what Ironman?...someone hit snooze!

3 comments:

  1. Hoping for good weather for you on Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did your dad check water temp? I'm hearing mixed reports.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Effe the weather! It's going to be a GREAT day. I know it, I can feel it;)

    ReplyDelete