Friday, June 19, 2009

She'll Be Coming 'Round the Mountain

...we made it over the river and through the woods...alas, we ended up in Coeur d'Alene and not grandma's house.  After a lovely drive (Washington is sooooo beautiful, I miss it) we made it to the destination where it will all go down!  

Mom, Meghan and I met up with my dad and hit the town for a little dinner (a lot of dinner for me) and then dad showed us his recon skillz of where bikes will be stashed.  You can definitely feel the buzz around town.  It kills me (with laughter) watching all the athletes wearing their latest 70.3 race shirt, or m-dot hat or compression socks to go to dinner.  I kept a low profile opting for jeans and a sweater, athlete in disguise...if they don't know you are racing they won't ask and it helps to keep the nerves at bay.  We sat outside on Lake Coeur d'Alene and had a nice meal of food...we watched multiple people fly by on their bikes in aero position, looking tough and fast...that's when things start creeping into my mind.  Should I be out there trying to look tough?...is it possible for me to look fast?...I know it says rest today, but should I be putting in one last two hour run?...argh, silly thoughts, get out of my dome!

Nashville Tilghman is back...I awoke at 5am on the dot this morning and struggled to get back to sleep.  I decided to get up, grab some coffee, and do my short ride/run before everyone else starts stirring.  I will then make them watch me suffer in the water for my short swim (not the prescribed order on my plan...but logistically it's easier)...all of this of course, after a little bloggy bloggin'! ;)  Then it's off to officially check in (pooping my pants thinking about that) and then drive the course...then sloth around.  Oh yeah, and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate...

Ready to go!  Have you ever seen so much stuff for three people?
Oh crap, it's a reality!
I had to test the waters of Lake Coeur d'Alene.  It didn't seem too bad (shiver, shiver)...I guess I'll find out for sure later today.
I was trying to give hIM a little hug but it looks like I'm wringing his neck...which I may be doing in my head come Sunday towards the end of the run!

1 comment:

  1. Way to grab hIM by his ball....hahahahaha! Sorry, I couldn't help myself!

    ..yes, it is possible to look fast. Keep moving forward when everyone else is puking in their shoes;)

    ReplyDelete